Founded in 1995, Youth Believing in Change (YBC) is a faith-based organization offering after-school, summer, and other youth development programs to children in the Vickery Meadows area of Dallas, Texas. Our mission is to give children the spiritual and educational foundation they need to succeed. We have a vision to inspire, equip, train, and empower them to become leaders.
YBC summer program servers 250+ children and provides teen intern opportunities.
• YBC serves 28,800 meals to children after-school
• During the summer YBC serves 11,000 meals to children.
• YBC transports 150+ kids from 13 different schools 310 days annually.
• YBC students improve 25% on bench mark tests and many score commended in reading and math.
• 90% of the children who attend YBC maintain a GPA of 80 or higher.
• 100% who remain in our program until age 18, graduate from high school.
Linwood came to Youth Believing in Change at age 8. He found the male mentorship he needed from Executive Director of YBC, Vince Gaddis. At age 12 Linwood went to the Kids Across America Kamp in Branson, Missouri with YBC. He accepted Jesus as Savior. Linwood continued to flourish in every area of his life. Due to his academic excellence Linwood was selected to serve as a Page in the U.S. House of Representativesin 2006. In 2007, Linwood graduated from Judge Barefoot Sanders Law Magnet at Townview. In 2011 Linwood graduated from SMU with a bachelor's degree with Political Science as his major. In March of 2012 Linwood enlisted in the U.S. Air Force. In March of 2018 Linwood completed his 6-year term of service in the U.S. Air Force and he then re-enlisted. Simultaneously, Linwood was an online student at Dallas Theological Seminary where he graduated this April (2018) with a Masters degree in Biblical Studies.