The mission of the Humane Society of Dallas County, aka Dog & Kitty City, is to provide a safe and healthy environment for the abused and neglected animals of North Texas and to educate the community on responsible pet ownership. HSDC has operated with a no-kill philosophy for over 40 years - any animal coming into our care has a home for life.
We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that relies 100% on the generosity of individuals and businesses like you.
HSDC is not affiliated with any other entity and does not receive general operating funds from the City of Dallas, State of Texas, federal government, or any other humane organization. We are funded by you, our generous donors, and 100% of your gifts stay right here in our community.
Your Donations will help us continue this important work.
- Over 500 animal adoptions in 2021
- Spay/neuter, microchip, and provide vaccines and medications for all animals before adoption
- Established volunteer, fostering, and sanctuary programs
- Cats free roam with indoor and outdoor space, providing a less stressful environment
- Newborn kittens are bottle fed by staff and volunteers
- Designated room for leukemia cats
- Dogs are provided with daily walks, enrichment programs, and yard time
- Professional dog trainer provides education, training, and support
- Custom designed housing for special needs dogs