The mission of the Humane Society of Dallas County, aka Dog & Kitty City, is to promote adoption and provide a safe, healthy, and compassionate environment for the homeless cats and dogs of Dallas County for as long as needed. HSDC has operated with a no-kill philosophy for over 40+ years - any animal coming into our care has a home for as long as needed.
We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that relies 100% on the generosity of individuals and businesses like you.
HSDC is not affiliated with any other entity and does not receive general operating funds from the City of Dallas, State of Texas, federal government, or any other humane organization. We are funded by YOU, our generous donors, and 100% of your gifts stay right here in our community.
Your Donations will help us continue this important work.
- Over 500+ animal adoptions in 2022
- Continuing our no-kill efforts in the community
- All animals in our care receiving full vaccine workups, spay/neutering, and microchips
- Continuing and growing our sanctuary, volunteer, foster, and adoption programs
- Our unique free roaming cat adoption experience with minimal use of cages and access to outdoor catios
- Our Canine behavioral care, enrichment programs
- Orphan neonatal puppy/kitten care
- Sanctuary care for Feline Leukemia and FIV cats for as long as needed
- Post adoption medical and behavioral care to help curate successful adoptions