It is an honor to celebrate our community’s generous spirit this NTX Giving Day. As we pause to appreciate the freedoms that enable us to give, we think of our global neighbors who lack the same freedoms. Did you know two-thirds of all countries endorse torture as a means of political control? This tactic is used to limit people from working to create a better society. People like doctors, educators, engineers, lawyers, journalists, and scientists; mothers, fathers, children, spouses, and friends; people with dreams for a better life; people fueled by love and hope.
When life becomes too dangerous at home, these brave fellows join us in the U.S. to contribute their talents and efforts to our exceptional communities. While their transition offers great promise, we at The Center for Survivors of Torture (CST) understand how moving to a new country, especially after fleeing violence, can be difficult. This is why CST provides specialized services that ease transitions and empower new beginnings. Through comprehensive social, mental health, medical, legal, and training/educational services, our new neighbors are fortified with the healing, hope, and community needed to thrive.
This 2023, please join our community of good neighbors to welcome 2,000 child and adult survivors into a safe home. Together we will ensure tools and resources that empower freedom and a better life.
Choose from the ways to give:
- $30 brightens a child’s transition with their first U.S. books and toys
- $50 provides a mom and baby with formula and feeding supplies
- $100 supplies a household with essential medicine and first aid
- $300 enables tele-therapy through a new tablet
- $500 empowers continued education/certification for one adult
- $1,000 facilitates the first step into a new beginning through a month of emergency housing
- $2,500 clothes an entire family of five with needed apparel, under garments, and shoes
Whatever way you give today, thank you for being an amazing neighbor. It is people like you that make North Texas such a wonderful place to live.