Ability Connection has a 70-year history of offering exceptional programs, services, and support to children and adults with a vast array of intellectual and developmental disabilities. Ability Connection members benefit from individualized levels of assistance based on their needs and goals, including specialized therapies, education, fitness and wellness, medical care, life skills, vocational training, social inclusion, and community integration.
Based on our core values of Compassion, Respect, and Results, Ability Connection provides programs and services to more than 1,000 people with disabilities throughout Texas, regardless of the significance of the life impact of the disability.
The services provided at Ability Connection include residential group home services, community support through Medical Waiver programs, caregiver relief (respite), on-site training and day-habilitation centers that provide tiered levels of support. Through our "one person" focus, we learn what an individual, along with the family, needs and goals for a purposeful life. We arrange for and/or provide services and supports to address those personal needs and goals.
Ability Connection has achieved several milestones that highlight the impact of our programs and services:
1. 117,900 hours of therapies (Physical, Occupational, Behavioral, Recreational) to improve members' progress
2. 1.73 million hours of attendant/habilitation care
3. 51,500 hours of caregiver relief, to provide much-needed breaks to recharge
4. 27,300 hours of nursing care to ensure members remain healthy
5. 85,100 days of independent living and employment services to foster skill development and independence
6. 71,875 days of foster care/host home services in safe, caring environments
7. Operation of 8 assisted living group homes for adults, providing 24/7 medical oversight, basic need services, and healthcare allowing 38 adults to live in the community
8. Ability Connection is one of a few agencies to help those individuals whose disabilities are most significant.
Ability Connection needs your help to bridge the ever-increasing gap between government reimbursements and the costs of providing exceptional and critical programs and services to those who need it most. Daily expenses, staff salaries, training center and group home operational expenses continue to rise with inflation while our reimbursement rates remain stagnant.