The National Multiple Sclerosis Society exists because there are people with MS. Our vision is a world free of MS. Everything we do is focused so that people affected by MS can live their best lives as we stop MS in its tracks, restore what has been lost and end MS forever.
We are more than an organization. We are a movement. United in our collective power to do something about MS now and end this disease forever. The gathering place for people with MS, their family and loved ones, healthcare providers, volunteers, donors, fundraisers, advocates, community leaders and all those that seek a world free of MS. A place to connect and take action. In order to change the world, we mobilize all possible human and financial resources to achieve results.
Of the nearly 1 million people estimated to have MS in the United States, the Society is only connected with half. Your support will help the Society expand our reach and meet people where they are - offering information, support and connections through channels they choose that considers diverse backgrounds, preferences and behaviors.
- Personalized information and resources for all
- Personal support through a trusted partner: MS Navigator
- Programs, connections and activism that empower
Finding the right providers and treatments can be a struggle - whether it's the rising cost of medications, the shifting insurance landscape, longer travel and wait times or lack of provider knowledge and cultural competency.
With your support, we can expand and deepen engagement with MS healthcare providers, pinpoint and address disparities, advocate for legislative solutions, and empower people to be strong self-advocates.
- Grow and enhance the MS healthcare workforce
- Empower people to advocate for the care they deserve
- Research to better understand and address barriers
Stark inequities in our healthcare system and gaps in our organizational reach are keeping people, particularly from communities of color, from receiving the care and support they need to live their best lives today and ultimately, benefit from tomorrow's cure.
With your support, we can become a welcoming place for all people affected by MS and represent their unique needs and experiences to ensure access to high-quality healthcare and culturally relevant support.
- Information, education and support that reaches and is relevant to communities of color
- Addressing healthcare disparities to improve quality of life for all
- Research to deepen our understanding of MS communities of color
Barriers such as insufficient mentors and lack of confidence in career opportunities prevent talented young professionals from pursuing and committing to a life-long career in MS. Furthermore, opportunities that encourage talent from diverse backgrounds and geographic locations are limited.
With your support, we can address workforce barriers and attract the best and brightest to focus their energy and intellect on MS.
- Expand and diversify the MS clinical workforce
- Cultivate the next generation of research leaders