The Reilly PTA actively supports both the Dallas ISD and Texas PTA equity policies with a goal to advance educational equity within the Reilly Community. Both policies are detailed further below.
From the Dallas ISD website:
Our mission is to eliminate systemic disparities and ensure equity so all students regardless of race, have the opportunity to graduate equipped to compete in a society and world that is racially and culturally diverse.
From the Texas PTA website:
- Promote awareness, inclusion and engagement of all diverse populations represented in the community and to encourage all;
- Openly assess beliefs and practices to ensure inclusiveness, equity, and to guard against discrimination;
- Strive to ensure that the membership, leadership, programs, partnerships, and printed materials across Texas reflect the diversity of their communities;
- Communicate with families in their communities in languages which they understand, to the extent possible;
- Identify and address barriers that hinder inclusivity;
- Foster programs and practices that eliminate bias, prejudice and misunderstanding;
- Advocate for funding, laws, and regulations that support programs, policies, and services that meet the health, safety, and educational needs of all student populations in Texas public schools; and
- Provide resources and training that develop a more diverse and inclusive group of Texas PTA members, leaders and community.