The Golden SEEDS program impacts include the following:
- Summer Leadership Academy - 6 week summer academy for children/youth that includes exposure to the arts, community service, career exploration, and civic engagement with local political leaders (The COVID 19 pandemic resulted in the 2020 Academy cancellation).
- New Construction Home Ownership program - Helping existing and future residents access affordable housing options.
-Neighborhood Beautification and safety program - Enhancing existing assets to ensure community safety and pride, while embracing the existing history and culture.
- Financial Education workshops and Training - Providing opportunities for current and future residents to access long-term financial wealth.
- A Community Garden - Provide fresh vegetables and fruit for a neighborhood located in a Food Dessert. The nearest grocery store is five (5) miles away.
Our Needs and Partnership Opportunities
1. Historical Markers naming opportunities
2.Financial Education workshop and training
2. Beautification Project costs associated with a green infrastructure initiative - to include the planting of native trees and ground cover for Neighborhood enhancement
3. Landscape and hardscape, Pocket Park furniture.
4. Sponsorship of Summer Leadership Academy students
5. Community Garden volunteers