Dallas Theater Center is proud to present its 2023-2024 season: The Rocky Horror Show, A Christmas Carol, I AM DELIVERED’T, Every Brilliant Thing, Dial M for Murder, Fannie: The Music & Life of Fannie Lou Hamer, and Disney’s The Little Mermaid.
In addition to a season of Tony Award-winning theater created for our Dallas community, we are also committed to breaking barriers and making art accessible for our community. DTC’s Department of Public Works welcomes participants of all ages to experience the joy of theater through our free city-wide community workshops. Our award-winning educational program, “Project Discovery,” will offer 500 students the opportunity to participate in free workshops and attend a season of live performances at DTC. Our summer camp will provide theater training for children and teens, and our post-show Stay Late conversations will engage thousands of audience members in lively dialogue with DTC’s professional artists.
We cannot make this happen alone. Your donations help us create experiences where high school students see professional theater for the first time in their lives, help us welcome community members of all ages and backgrounds to explore their own artistry, and help us enrich the lives of our community by creating an environment in which strangers become neighbors.
Dallas Theater Center highlights the amazing talent Dallas has to offer from the backstage crew and onstage cast to the playwrights whose diverse stories are told onstage. But what does it take to actually make a play or musical happen? We all know about the cost of costumes, sets, and artist salaries, but what about the little things? When you donate your dollars aren’t just going towards the cost of production, but also help to create the theater magic that happens off stage. Here’s a little "part of our world”...
- $3 is the average cost of a meal for a single community participant during rehearsals of Public Works Pageant. While rehearsing for the shows, we eliminate extra barriers of participation by providing meals at no cost to participants.
- $5 is the average cost of a DTC t-shirt provided to a community member participating in free Public Works Community Workshop.
- $10 is the average cost to stock one dressing rooms with tissues, hand sanitizer and soap before each show to help our performers stay healthy.
- $25 is the average cost of paper to copy scripts, call sheets, cast notices etc during rehearsals and performances.
- $100 is the average cost to stock coffee and tea in the break room for cast and crew during rehearsals and performances.
- $500 is the average flight cost for traveling guest artists, directors, designers or actors. We are grateful to bring world renowned artists to Dallas for our audiences and especially grateful to share Dallas’ talent with them.
- $1500 if the average rental car costs for a visiting director for 1 month.
- $2500 - $5,000 is the average cost of materials to build wigs and design makeup for a single production.
- $10,000 is the cost of shipping the set for a co-production, like the world premiere of Dallas playwright Jonathan Norton’s I AM DELIVERED’T, which will premiere at DTC and then travel to Actors Theatre of Louisville, giving Dallas artists greater visibility and expanded opportunities for everyone involved.
- $10,000 - $15,000 is the average cost of building materials for a new set.
- $40,000 - $90,000 is the average cost of the salaries for the people that make it all possible- from the marketing team, the fundraisers, the box office, the office managers, our financial team, and more!
Dallas Theater Center is only able to make this happen by incredible donors like you! Every penny counts to help us provide the highest quality theatre we can for all of North Texas. Thank you for your donation and we will see you at the theatre very soon.