CHETNA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization providing services for South Asian victims of domestic violence living in Dallas, Collin, Tarrant, and Denton County.
The South Asian community, which is diverse in its religion and culture, is a steadily growing population in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. CHETNA recognizes the unique challenges that South Asian victims of domestic violence face, and provides culture-specific services to empower and support the journey from victim to survivor. CHETNA aims to prevent violence through advocacy, education, and outreach.
Multi-faceted and intricate challenges like language, immigration status, lack of family support, cultural and/or religious barriers, and multiple batterers, keep South Asian victims in abusive situations for longer periods of time and prevent them from seeking assistance.
Through services such as case management, counseling, transitional housing, workforce development, financial literacy, and financial assistance, CHETNA is dedicated to transforming lives and empowering our clients.
CHETNA's vision includes engaging the local South Asian community, spreading awareness and education aimed at preventing domestic violence, improving family and social dynamics, and helping to create safer homes.
CHETNA Helpline: 1-888-9CHETNA (1-888-924-3862)
CHETNA Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Help CHETNA in meeting our $15,000.00 goal during #NTXGivingDay.
Donations from this year's North Texas Giving Day campaign will support our efforts in three key ways:
- Expand counseling and psychoeducational program services for South Asian children who have experienced the trauma of domestic violence.
- Provide psychoeducation, counseling, and educational materials to youth about healing, breaking the generational trauma cycle, creating boundaries and safety, etc.
- Pay attorney fees, retainer fees, mediation, and legal assistance costs, which is often especially expensive and difficult due to the complexity of our clients' situations.
Join us in our culturally-specific efforts to:
- Facilitate healing and growth
- Create a path towards justice and empowerment
- Break the trauma and violence cycle.