Our mission is to provide assistance to dogs who have been abused, neglected and abandoned. We are brought together by the common belief that it is our community's responsibility to help give adequate care and attention to animals in need of permanent homes and veterinary assistance.
* To rescue adoptable dogs and puppies from animal shelters and animal control facilities.
* To rescue dogs and puppies from abusive and neglectful situations, including puppy mills and "backyard breeders".
* To help educate the public on proper animal care and promote spaying and neutering of all pets.
* To provide medical treatment for all animals in our care.
* To provide foster homes for all animals in our care.
* To place rescued animals in permanent, loving homes.
I fostered for at least 10 other DFW-area rescue groups before finding my rescue "home" with Legacy Humane Society. I love fostering for LHS because I choose the dogs I want to save--usually the shelter favorites that get overlooked because they aren't the most adoptable dogs (e.g., pitbulls and seniors). The LHS volunteers do a wonderful job promoting our fosters via our website and Facebook pages. My favorite part is watching the scared, neglected pups blossom with time and TLC and find wonderful families who think they're the best dog in the world (they are, of course!). The hardest part is knowing I can't possibly care for all the dogs I want to save at one time. I try to focus on and treasure the dogs I have saved. Thank you Molly and the rest of the LHS team for making it possible!!