The Cornerstone Community Development Corporation (CCDC), Inc., was established in 1995 to assist with improving the quality of life of the residents in the South Dallas/Fair Park community by providing services to assist them in breaking out of the cycle of poverty and empower individuals to move forward as contributing members of the community.
Throughout the years we've established several programs in the community which helps and continues to make the community livable for residents on a weekly basis. The list below gives a brief synopsis of those programs provided to residents who live in the community as we continue to strive to meet the needs of the people.
By participating in North Texas Giving Day, you will be a part of a unique giving opportunity, to help us reach and or exceed our $50,000 goal, making it possible for us to continue to provide impactful services and programs to residents in the South Dallas/Fair Park community. Every gift made on North Texas Giving Day GOES EVEN FURTHER!
CCDC provides the following programs and activities to help accomplish our mission in the community:
* Cornerstone “Soup Kitchen” - provides 13,000 meals a month to homeless individuals.
* Clothing Closet - provides clothing and showers to the homeless and indigent weekly.
* After School Program - provides one on one tutoring and other assistance for community children weekly.
* Summer Day Camp - provides Vacation Bible School (VBS) and tutoring for community children during the summer months.
* Cornerstone Community Laundromat - provides a place where residents can wash their clothes as well as use free internet.
* Cornerstone Group Lifestyle Balance Program - provides education, encouragement and tools to help individuals reach their healthy lifestyle goals. Designed for adults who are at risk for developing diabetes.
* Shalom Builders - provides Rehab and Senior Home Repair for the uninsured, under-insured, disabled, elderly and veterans.
* South Point Market - provides low-cost food and other items in a convenience store.
* Mobile Laundromat - provides free laundry services to the homeless and marginalized community in the South Dallas area.
* Bike Resource Center - provides a place where residents can earn a bike as well as learn how to repair them.
In addition, there are various opportunities to volunteer, provide in-kind services, and or donate items through Amazon Wishlist's.
Thanks so much for your support!