PediPlace, a certified Patient Centered Medical Home by the National Center for Quality Assurance (NCQA), is a non-profit pediatric healthcare practice that provides quality, cost-effective primary pediatric healthcare & mental health services to North Texas children from birth through eighteen years of age who are uninsured or receiving Medicaid or Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) benefits regardless of economic, geographic, or cultural barriers. PediPlace is designated by the State of Texas as a site serving a medically underserved population. PediPlace is the only organization of its type, size and scope in North Texas not affiliated with a hospital system. We provide a medical home for children that tend to be from low-income families who otherwise would go without care or who would unnecessarily use the emergency room. In 2023, we expect to provide primary pediatric healthcare services to 5,960 patients in 22,349 office visits. Included are 894 uninsured children at a cost of $345,847.
We ensure that children receive well preventive care, and those who are ill are diagnosed and treated early. Our primary care pediatric services are designed to meet the unique situation of each patient and include preventive (Well-Child) care including immunizations; treatment of illnesses; mental health therapy services; behavioral health screenings to check for signs of depression and/or mental illness; hearing and vision screenings; treatment of asthma and other chronic illnesses; referrals for specialized care; and newborn parent health and child safety education.
Our Programs are Healthy Babies, Healthy Kids, Illness to Wellness, School Based Clinic, Integrated Mental Health Therapy, Parent Education, Family Care Fund, and Reach Out and Read. Our overall objective for each of our programs is to increase the general health of our client population through access to care and preventive care. Funds raised through North Texas Giving Day will benefit these Programs which allows us to make healthcare a reality for every kid!
Since 1994, PediPlace has provided a medical home for low-income families, promoting the healthy development of children in our community. PediPlace was named Best Pediatrician in The Dallas Morning News Best In DFW People’s Choice Issue Fall Issue 2022.
In 2022, we received national certification as a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) from the National Center for Quality Assurance (NCQA). Years in the making, this certification comes from a national leader in healthcare quality - the NCQA. They identify the PCMH as a model of care that puts patients at the forefront. Research shows that PCMH’s model improves quality and the patient experience and increases staff satisfaction—while reducing health care costs. Practices that earn recognition have made a commitment to continuous quality improvement and a patient-centered approach to care.
Our patients are from households at or near poverty levels with 86% receiving Medicaid and CHIP benefits. The remaining 14% are uninsured children. 64% of patients identify themselves as Hispanic and 44% are under the age of five. Our service model, primarily utilizing nurse practitioners, provides quality care at lower costs. As a charitable clinic, PediPlace will not deny service if a family is unable to pay.
Our patients have reported a 45% decline in the use of emergency room visits since becoming a patient of PediPlace. We continue to work in a coordinated relationship with public and private agencies including our County Health Departments, Medical City Healthcare, Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Flower Mound, Lewisville Independent School District, Denton Independent School District, Children's Health, and Jewish Family Service of Greater Dallas.
Meet Our Patients:
Ama is a 15 year old girl who came to PediPlace with symptoms of anxiety and depression. Her mother reported noticing changes in Ama’s moods and behaviors since the beginning of the pandemic. In 2020, the family moved to Texas and were living in hotels until they moved into an apartment. Her mother reported that at the beginning of 2021, Ama was supposed to attend virtual school, but would not log into her classes. Ama only wanted to be in her bedroom and not talk to anyone. Ama began having suicidal thoughts. The PediPlace Nurse Practitioner referred Ama internally for counseling. Ama is currently in counseling through PediPlace’s integrated Mental Health Program.
Parents of a 9-month-old foster child came to PediPlace with concerns that the baby had been drug exposed in the womb. The nurse practitioner worked with the family to test for TB, HIV, and Hepatitis, and will continue to monitor the development of the child to determine if early childhood intervention is needed. PediPlace is one of the few clinics that accepts Foster Care Medicaid.