The Plano Conservancy seeks to expand community education, programming and historic preservation initiatives within the community.
1. Interurban Railway Museum Field Trips - The Plano Conservancy pays the school bus expenses to bring Plano ISD Title 1 Elementary Schools to the Interurban Railway Museum. It is our hope to expand this program to bring other disadvantaged students to the museum.
2. Tracks 4 Kids at the Interurban Railway Museum- Tracks 4 Kids is a non-profit, comprehensive community-based resource serving the greater Collin & Grayson Counties. It enhances the quality of life for the patients and families we serve by bringing together educational resources, behavioral, allied health and medical treatment services. The program teaches children not only about how to be a leader, but about robotics and the history of trains throughout the state of Texas. The program encompassed 6 meetings and last 3 months. We provide scholarships for families to bring their child to this program. The cost per child is $240.00.
3. The Traveling Motormen- The Traveling Motormen tour around North Texas sharing the history of Plano, Texas and the three types of rail; steam, electric and diesel. Your donation helps to pay their travel expenses.
4. Historic Cemetery Restoration- The Plano Conservancy is recognized as a leader in Historic Cemetery Restoration not only in Collin County but also in North Texas. Your donation supports outreach, education and support of these sacred places.
5. Historic Cemetery Consultation- As the North Texas area's leading non-profit in Historic Cemetery restoration, we receive numerous requests on advice, direction, proper restoration and funding.