By providing solar PV installation and safety training in the part of Dallas suffering the highest level of poverty, Green Careers Dallas is bridging the gap from an area in great need of good employment to a rapidly growing industry that offers entry-level living wages with a relevant career path.
Green Careers Dallas' 3 Strategic Priorities are:
1) Workforce Training
- OSHA 10 online safety training
- Entry-level Solar Installation & Energy Efficiency training, Crew Lead & Journeyman Training
- Online solar and energy efficiency trainings
2) Workforce Development
- Recruit Employer partners
- Recruit qualified low-income neighbors for work in "green" growth industries (solar & energy efficiency)
- Recruit hard-to-employ individuals: veterans, returning citizens, long-term under-employed
- Partner to provide employment coaching for client needs such as resume writing, interview skills, etc.
3) Community Education
- Present at community meetings on how to be "green" while saving money on electric bills, How Solar Works, and Working in the Green Collar Economy.
- LED light bulb giveaways at community events such as Back-to School, health and job fairs.
- DFW Solar Tour--annual event each October with sustainability workshops in South Dallas during solar tour.
- Educate commercial property owners and nonprofits on PACE Program which saves money on energy bills with energy efficiency upgrades while being cashflow-positive from Day 1.
Funding for training programs and tools such as impact drivers, drills and bits, portable band saw, etc.
Funding to create Installer Tool Kits for trainees who get hired.
Funding for staff and supplies.
Board members who reflect the communities in which we serve.
Volunteer to produce and distribute monthly Mail Chimp newsletters.
Volunteer to produce social media posts to raise awareness of our work and recruit trainees.
Volunteers to assist with fundraising efforts.