Your Donation will Help Educate,
Train and Transform
Help us change lives and create self-sustaining
pathways out of poverty.
The Zan Wesley Holmes Jr., Community Outreach Center (ZWHJCOC) is dedicated to creating self-sustaining pathways out of poverty for young people and families in Dallas through education and workforce development.
Our organization provides FREE programming for three pathways to economic sustainability:
2. STEM Pathway Training and Workforce Development
3. Asset Building
Your support will help ZWHJCOC provide a variety of FREE educational and training services to change the lives of young people and their families in Dallas. With your support this North Texas Giving Day, we can continue our mission of:
- Providing essential job skills
- Connecting individuals with strategic partners and social services
- Rebuilding and growing African American, Latino and Women-owned businesses and small emerging businesses in the South Dallas, Fair Park and greater Dallas communities
- Providing case management services to help individuals navigate the challenges of employment and financial sustainability
Help us reach our goal of $50,000. With every dollar you give, your gift will be matched up to $50,000! This means your impact will go even further in supporting the ZWHJCOC’s mission of creating self-sustaining pathways out of poverty.
Every gift will be doubled* thanks to our generous matching donor.
*Funds raised will be matched up to $50,000
Examples of free community programs – Proceeds from North Texas Giving Day will support:
Low Voltage Job Training: This technical job training and certification program prepares students with the skills needed to acquire a stable job with a livable wage.
Lunch & Learn sessions: Our monthly speaker series provides resources and access to education for individuals, small businesses and nonprofit organizations on a wide array of topics.
Cash Flow, Collateral and Leverage: Monthly classes aimed at helping individuals learn more about financial literacy and how the economy works.
Fair Park Small/Emerging Business Technical Assistance Program: Small and startup business training to help owners scale and sustain their business models.
Your donation will MAKE an IMPACT:
- 5,700+ jobs placed since 2019, with partners such as Amazon and the U.S. Census.
- 50 small businesses garnered $900,000+ in PPP and EIDL support, preserving 89 jobs.
- 35 Low Voltage graduates, 25 jobs placed with Infrastructural Wiring Specialist.