The Impact :
11,070 Living for Zachary Heart Screenings performed to date
668 AEDs donated to youth-based organizations
3,498 CPR/AED certifications provided
144 student scholarships awarded
600+ awareness events attended
For too many young hearts in North Texas, the clock is running down. Sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) claims the lives of thousands of youth each year in the United States, leaving families devastated as they pick up the pieces. Together, we have the power to change that.
For 14 years, Living for Zachary has been working to defeat sudden cardiac arrest in North Texas and give our children's hearts a second chance through youth heart screenings, AED donations, CPR training, education, and more. As our programs have expanded rapidly over the last several years, our Team has grown to thousands of passionate Texans who are ready to stand up and fight for young hearts. But in order to keep expanding and touch unreached hearts in new communities, we need YOU on our Team. Will you join the huddle to spread the mission far and wide?
By joining Living for Zachary with a gift on North Texas Giving Day, you become the hero for thousands of children across North Texas and send the message that we won't stop fighting for them.
Your support will help make the following impact:
- Provide youth heart screenings at no cost to children who may not otherwise be able to receive
- Enable large-scale AED donations to youth-based organizations and school districts across the state of Texas
- Certify more people in the use of CPR and AEDs at no cost to them
- Support new programs and initiatives such as our school-based SCA prevention program, SuperHeart Schools
- Provide critical education materials on the dangers of SCA in youth and life-saving tools to communities without these resources
The clock is ticking...we need YOU in the Living for Zachary huddle!