The Child Protection Connection (through our Texas Lawyers for Children program) protects abused and neglected children from being harmed by the systems meant to keep them safe. We champion the rights of children in the courts, the community, and the legislature to change children's lives for the better.
• Do not suffer further abuse in foster care
• Are not placed in institutions simply because CPS does not have a place for them
• Are not misdiagnosed with a mental illness because untrained professionals do not understand the trauma they have suffered
• Are not put on multiple psychotropic medications that cause dangerous side effects
• Are not shuffled to multiple schools every year, where progress and needed services are lost
• Do not age out of foster care without a family or deep relationships - quickly facing teen pregnancy, sex trafficking, homelessness, and incarceration.
We connect, equip, and mobilize a network of over 2,800 judges and attorneys, who estimate that they serve over 100,000 abused and neglected Texas children each year.